Two Storey Extensions
If you love where you live and are reluctant to face the costs and stress associated with moving, adding a double height extension to your house gives you precious added living space whilst increasing the value of your property.
The design possibilities are endless, you can open up your existing kitchen and or lounge to create a luxuriously spacious open-plan kitchen, dining living space whilst adding those all important extra rooms upstairs. If you have a semi detached property (there are plenty of these throughout Newcastle and the North East) which have more than 2m to your boundary line then the chances are you will be able to build to the side and or rear. We can advise you at your free consultation on the options available to you, depending upon the space you want to create.
Our most common reasons for designing two storey extensions are to:
- Extend the kitchen to create a bright, spacious kitchen diner;
- Add a large master bedroom with luxury en-suite and walk-in wardrobe;
- Incorporate a utility room to hide the washing machine and add storage;
- Build an additional bathroom;
- Have a designated toy/playroom to keep all the kids’ belongings in one place;
- Create a new entrance where you, your pets and family can get showered and changed before coming into the house;
- Enjoy a cinema room for film/sports lovers;
- Design an office where you can close yourself off and get some work done away from any noise;
- Provide ‘granny annexe’ with en-suite on the ground floor for visiting relatives; and
- Add bedrooms for growing families.
Two storey side extensions are really cost-effective
As well as potentially adding a great deal of value to your home, by adding extra space to two stories, you get excellent economies of scale. The reason for this is that you gain double the floor space compared to a single storey extension and the only extra materials are the walls to the first floor. The foundations are already there and you will need a roof whether you build a single or double storey extension.
If you would like to discuss the possibilities for your home with Newcastle’s leading architectural designers, please get in touch to arrange a FREE consultation. We can come to your home or you can pop in to our Newcastle office to discuss your requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!